Repiping Columbia, SC’s Older Homes
When a home is built, the pipes the plumber installs are designed to last a long time, but they don’t last forever. If you’re living in an older home in Columbia, SC, your pipes might be wearing down, suffering leaks and breaks, or getting congested with mineral deposits. If your home’s pipes are galvanized steel, which is common in homes built before World War II, that steel eventually suffers corrosion after 50 years have passed. Repiping an older home is a substantial task that requires the expertise of an experienced plumbing team. Webster Plumbing & Gas is ready to help you with any size of repiping project, whether it’s replacing a few bad pipes or repiping the entire house. You can trust us with your home’s plumbing due to our decades of industry experience and commitment to exceptional service. Let our highly trained and knowledgeable technicians assess the work your home’s plumbing system needs. We’ll make sure it gets restored to optimal efficiency and lasts you for decades to come.
Steps of the Repiping Process
- During your home’s repiping project, we’ll ensure you still have running water by using a bypass for most of the time you’re at home.
- We start by covering the furniture and floors to keep water and dust from damaging them while we work.
- After that, we make small cuts in your wall and ceiling drywall to locate the pipes.
- We remove only the necessary material from your structure that we need to reach, detach, and remove the pipes, and then we replace them with durable and long-lasting pipes.
- If we need to access pipes located in your floor, we’ll go through the ceiling on the floor below them whenever we can.
- If you’re performing a remodel, this would be the best time to add pipes to expand your water service.
- After repiping is finished, we restore the cuts in your walls and ceilings, including patching and retexturing them so that there’s no trace of the cuts ever being there.
Schedule Service at Your Home
Webster Plumbing & Gas has ample experience carefully repiping homes throughout Columbia and the surrounding communities. Our technicians will make sure your old and corroded pipes get changed out with new, long-lasting replacements to provide decades of dependable water service. Give us a call today to speak with a member of our team. If you’re planning a remodel, we’ll give you a free estimate on the plumbing work you need.