Safe Solutions for Gas Leaks in Columbia, SC
Gas leaks are a serious issue that puts your property and family or staff at risk. If you’re in or around Columbia, SC, Webster Plumbing & Gas offers safe and conclusive solutions to gas leaks at your home or business. The foul odor of the gas is the least of your worries. Natural gas is highly flammable, and the fumes are unhealthy for people to breathe. When you have a gas leak, you’re at risk of the gas combusting and burning down your property. Even if the gas doesn’t combust anytime soon, your utility bill will increase due to the leak constantly pouring out natural gas around the clock. The best action is to call us for a prompt response and thorough repair services. Our technicians are available 24/7 for plumbing and gas emergencies, and our decades of expertise ensure a quick resolution to your gas leak. When we visit your home or business, we carefully locate the exact source of the leak, and then we make the necessary repairs to restore your property’s safe use of natural gas for your water heater, appliances, and more.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Knowing when you have a gas leak is as simple as using your senses. Here are five common indications that you have a gas leak at your home or business:
- Rotten Egg Smell – For safety reasons, utility companies add mercaptan to odorless gases that makes them smell like rotten eggs. This odor is there to alert people when the gas is present in the air.
- Hissing Sound – A hissing sound when you’re around a gas line is a clear indication of a leak.
- Dead Plants – If you have a gas leak underground, you may notice a patch of dead vegetation where the gas is coming out.
- Tiny Bubbles – The Bubble Test: Wipe down a suspected gas leak area with water mixed with a small amount of dish soap. If you see bubbles forming in the area where you wiped, then you have a leak.
- White Fog or Mist – If you notice an unusual fog or mist cloud is floating around your property, you might have a ruptured gas line. Make sure to call your gas company immediately.
Call Webster Plumbing & Gas as Soon as Possible
Webster Plumbing & Gas is available anytime, day or night, to respond to emergencies, and a gas leak is one you should never ignore. If you suspect you have a gas leak, call us to have our skilled and knowledgeable technicians find the source and fix it.